1. "The Hirer" means a person, by or on behalf of whom this Agreement is signed.
"Authorised Driver" means the drivers additional to the Hirer who have completed a separate insurance proposal as overleaf, to the satisfaction of CO-OPERATORS GENERAL INSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED
If the Hirer is a company. " Authorised Driver" will mean any employee of the company, who holds a valid driving permit, is over 21 years of age, has had no motor vehicle accidents during the past three years and is driving on the Hirer's order or with his permission. The Hirer will ensure that any Authorised Driver will comply with all the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
2. The Hirer will return the vehicle with all tyres, tools, and accessories, in the same conditions as when received, except for ordinary wear and tear, to the place and on date shown overleaf or sooner if requested by Owner.
3. The Hirer will pay Owner on demand all charges due under this Agreement.
4. The Hirer has complied with all terms and conditions on this Agreement, responsibility for loss of or damage to the Vehicle or its tyres, tools or accessories is:
(a) limited to a maximum of $1500.00
(b) in the case of the Hirer being under the age of 25 or having been the holder of full driving licence for less than 2 years $2000.00
5. The Hirer will at the request and cost of Owner do all required by Owner and permit his name to be used by Owner for enforcing any rights or remedies against other parties in connection with the Vehicle during the period of Rental. Owner will give credit to the Hirer for any monies recovered from other parties against any liability of the Hirer to Owner for the loss or damage.
6. The hirer or any Authorised Dealer of the Vehicle will in no event be deemed the agent, servant or employee of Owner.
7. Owner will in no event, be liable for any loss of or damage to any property left or placed by the Hirer or any other person in or on the Vehicle or the premises of Owner either before, during or after the period of Rental.
The Hirer will indemnify Owner against all claims for any such loss or damage.
8. (a) The Vehicle is covered against third party (including passengers) liabilities by a third party insurance policy, a copy of which may be inspected during normal business hours at the Office of Owner. The policy provides an Indemnity for third party bodily injury or death and damage to third party property. The Hirer for himself and on behalf of any Authorised Driver agrees to comply with and be bound by all the terms of this policy, which are hereby incorporated by reference into this Agreement. It is a requirement of the policy that every accident involving the vehicle will be reported at once to the Owner and an accident report form completed within 24 hours. The Hirer or any Authorised Driver will: obtain the names and addresses of witnesses, if possible; make no admission of liability; deliver to the Owner all summonses, writs and documents received; not aid or abet any claimant but co-operate fully with the Owner and Insurance Company in the investigation and defence of any claim.
(b) The Vehicle will not be used: for the carriage of passengers or property for hire or reward; for any illegal purpose to propel or tow any other vehicle or trailer, for racing, pacemaking, reliability trials, speed testing, or driving tuition; in violation of the provision of any Act, Order or Regulation affecting the use, loading or condition of the Vehicle;
(c) The Vehicle will not be driven by any person
(i) other than the Hirer or an Authorised Driver;
(ii) who has given a fictitious or false name, age or address;
(iii) who is under the influence of alcohol, hallucinatory drugs, narcotics, or barbiturates.
9. The Hirer will immediately inform Owner of any loss, of damage to or fault in Vehicle and will not use the Vehicle while it is in an unroadworthy condition or liable to cause damage to any person or property.
10. Owner accepts no responsibility for delays in consequence of breakdown or other circumstances
11. All traffic offenses or violators of parking regulations involving the vehicle during the period of rental, including all fines or penalties will be the responsibility of the Hirer.
No right of Owner under this Agreement will be waived except in writing signed by a duly Authorised Representative of Owner.
YOU HAVE JUST HIRED A MOTOR VEHICLE FROM US FOR YOUR USE WHILE IN BARBADOS. WHILE WISHING YOU HAPPY DRIVING, WE WOULD LIKE TO TAKE THE OPPORTUNITY TO DRAW YOUR ATTENTION TO THE FOLLOWING POINTS.
THE INSURANCE PROTECTION ON THIS VEHICLE IS VALID ONLY WHEN IT IS BEING DRIVEN BY THE "AUTHORISED" PERSONS. ALLOWING ANY OTHER PERSON TO DRIVE THE MOTOR VEHICLE CAUSES THE VEHICLE TO BE ON THE ROAD WITHOUT OPERATIVE INSURANCE, AND SHOULD THIS HAPPEN WHILE THE MOTOR VEHICLE IS UNDER HIRE TO YOU, YOU WOULD BE COMMITTING A BREACH OF THE LAW AND WOULD BE LIABLE TO PENALTIES UNDER THE LAW. FURTHER, IN THE EVENT OF AN UNFORTUNATE ACCIDENT WHILE THE VEHICLE IS BEING DRIVEN BY AN UNAUTHORISED PERSON, YOU WOULD BECOME PERSONALLY LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIMS FOR DAMAGE TO THE VEHICLE OR COMPENSATION TO THIRD PARTIES. WE ARE SURE YOU WOULD LIKE TO AVOID GETTING INVOLVED IN SUCH SITUATIONS AND HENCE THIS SPECIAL APPEAL POINTING OUT THE RESTRICTIONS OF THE PROTECTION.